Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Monday 14 June 2010

Today it was raining when we got up, but the day did get better. I think we all felt a little ill after yesterday's extravaganza in Chatignac and everybody was laughing at me all day because I fell asleep during the lunch on a certain Frenchman. Paul wanted to get me married off straight away, and as the Mayor was sitting on our table, he tried to arrange a quick marriage. I told him no, and the others but they did insist, Brian asked me 'is he going to be my Uncle'.

Bob, Kathyrne and Rachel went off to Bordeaux to visit some friends of Bob's. They had a long walk around the city, had a nice lunch and climbed 231 steps to the top of the clock tower. Bob said the view was fantastic.






In the afternoon, Rhian, Brian and myself went off to Augouleme, the medieval capital of Charentes for a trip out. It stopped raining and the sun came out, so it was really pleasant. We looked around the town, the impressive St Peter's Cathedral, some shops and stopped for coffee in a nice Bistro.




We came back to La Giraudiere and Paul took Kate, Brian, Rhian and myself out for dinner in Charentes.



We started off in 'L'espace Cafe' for aperitif, then went on to 'Petite en K' a small cafe for dinner, it was really good food and then to 'Bonne Humeur' for a digestif, which turned out to be a cognac. We really had a laugh as Paul was on top form telling us funny stories. It was a really great evening.




We came back at around 11pm and all of us were very, very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment